Exceptional line-up for Education Central’s first ChalkTalk
Educators are urged to get in quick to secure their spots at Education Central’s very first ChalkTalk: an exceptional and expert panel discussion on the future of NCEA.
Next month, Education Central is giving people a not-to-be-missed opportunity to attend an expert panel discussion about the future of NCEA.
Based on the success of Education Central’s recent special feature series, Reimagining Qualifications, we decided it was time to take Education Central beyond the screen and into real life with its very first ChalkTalk. Held in a relaxed, intimate setting, with a truly exceptional panel, this event promises to deliver one of the most authentic discussions around the NCEA Review this year.
Moderated by Education Central editor Jude Barback, panellists will give their views on the six big opportunities on the table and the future direction for New Zealand’s secondary school qualification system.
Up for debate are:
- Should we ditch NCEA Level 1?
- Student-led, cross-curricula projects: yay or nay?
- Credits from community-based activities: good or bad idea?
- How do we provide clear and meaningful pathways for all students?
- How do we achieve equity and transparency in NCEA?
Principals, senior leaders, secondary teachers and anyone with an interest in the future of NCEA – this event is for you.
We are capping entry to just 75 people, so get your tickets now to avoid disappointment.
5.30pm – 7.30pm, Wednesday 26th September 2018. Refreshments served from 5.15pm; panel discussion starts at 5.45pm sharp.
NZME, Level 3, 190 Taranaki Street, Wellington, 6011
Our expert panel:
- Hon Tracey Martin, Associate Education Minister
- Hon Nikki Kaye, National’s Education spokesperson
- Dr Michael Johnston, Victoria University of Wellington
- Josh Williams, Industry Training Federation, Chief Executive
- Melanie Webber, PPTA, Vice-President
- John Murdoch, Mana College, Principal
- Associate Professor Melinda Webber, The University of Auckland
Tickets are extremely limited for this event – so we encourage you to get in quick!
- Early bird offer – all tickets purchased before Sept 15: $49.95 + GST
- All tickets purchased Sept 15-Sept 26: $95.00 + GST