We are a friendly, family-owned centre, with a real heart for our community. We offer families a safe place for children to grow and learn with confidence, and encourage everyone to become part of our extended whanau.
Our centre is open from 8am to 5.30pm and is licenced for 70 children from 0 to 6yrs. We have an exciting purpose-built and well-resourced environment that appeals to children and parents alike.
You’re a fun and energetic role-model, and you conduct yourself with integrity and respect for others, displaying excellent leadership qualities. You have the skills and experience to motivate others to be exceptional in their teaching practice.
You’ll confidently meet administrative and compliance expectations with your amazing attention to detail, your can-do attitude and positive approach. You’ll be proficient in using strategies and online tools to efficiently manage your time.
You will have:
- An ECE qualification, and current NZ teacher registration.
- Ability to proactively manage, mentor and inspire a team; setting goals, offering feedback and celebrating with them when they are achieved.
- Proficiency in using self-review to sustain ongoing improvement.
- Sound business acumen, professional work ethic and the ability make sound decisions
- Professional and effective communication, both written and verbal, and the ability to adapt your communication as required
- Natural problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm, experience and passion for ECE demonstrated by your commitment and practice in delivering high quality education for children
- A well-developed sense of humour – we laugh a lot!
About the Role
This is a permanent, full time role, and you will be responsible for overseeing the daily running of the centre, with a strong focus on effectively managing planning, assessment and curriculum with our team.
You will be well supported by an Operations Manager, and a Centre Owner who is a qualified teacher. Both have a strong passion and commitment to excellence in education and care for our children.
With no head-office or shareholders to report to, decisions are made quickly and efficiently, and you’ll be encouraged to review and effect change for the benefit of our children. You’ll enjoy our positive and pro-active team-culture, working with our experienced and enthusiastic teachers.
We are looking for that special someone who is able to develop strong, positive relationships with all children and families, and who has the proven ability to lead and motivate a team to excellence.
To find out more about this fantastic leadership opportunity, please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.